Any leaders looking for a way to avoid being a stingy Grinch this Christmas season? Here’s a very simple but not always easy way to freely give with a generous heart AND get results with your team. Honorable leaders must give positive feedback on a regular basis. Here are 3 reasons why:
- Positive feedback meets several deep human needs.
- When you compliment someone’s talents, contributions, and future potential, you’re contradicting some of the lies and negative beliefs that they have about themselves.
- There’s a multiplication effect that comes from genuine positive affirmation.
And here are three ways to do it immediately:
- Make it specific. Use a recent example of a successful contribution or some way in which the person has impacted you or the team.
- Make it genuine—short is fine. You don’t have to make a big deal about it—though in some situations that may be called for.
- Make sure you have positive energy and enthusiasm.
Please give your input and post your comments below. Also, you can read the entire article on this topic – “3 Ways to Avoid Being a Grinch Leader”