>>>Read more about how we’re helping leaders build courage to lead in challenging times.<<<
Sample Keynote Presentation – Lee Ellis, CSP*
Sample Virtual Speaking Introduction
Lee is a Certified Virtual Speaker, and this short introductory clip represents how he would conduct a virtual distance learning keynote presentation for your team, organization, or event.
Thank you for learning more about speaking opportunities with Lee Ellis.
Over forty years ago, America welcomed home Col. Lee Ellis and his fellow prisoners of war. When Lee got out of the Hanoi Hilton after 1,955 days of captivity, there was a stark realization that society had shifted while he was away. Honorable values and morals had declined in politics, academia, entertainment, and our homes. This issue has been a burden ever since his return and he has consistently taken a stand for strong personal values such as character, courage, and commitment as a means for building healthy organizations and culture that produce long-lasting results.
With his 2016 award-winning release entitled Engage with Honor: Building a Culture of Courageous Accountability, as well as his last award-winning book, Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton, Lee has brought new light to the subject of honor and values. Through his research, writing, and speaking, he now shares his story and leadership wisdom throughout the world.
As one of few Vietnam POWs to professionally share about this crucible experience, your audience will hear about his dramatic story and the senior leaders that led them through unbelievable trials. They will be challenged and inspired to lead with selfless honor, integrity, and character as the foundation for their daily decision-making. Breaking free from the shackles of fear, shame, pride, and self-preservation is the key to authentic leadership, and it’s a call to Leading with Honor.
Lee is available to share his 40+ years of experience and expertise, and his biography of experience in a variety of industries provides a well-rounded perspective for your industry or event. Read just a few endorsements below from Lee’s most recent keynote speaking engagements.
I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you soon!
Speaking & Publicity Administrator
Leading with Honor
*What is CSP Certification? – Learn More
Lee Ellis Biographical Introduction
Keynote Presentation Topics
– Leading with Honor®: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton (based on his award-winning book)
– Engage with Honor®: Building a Culture of Courageous Accountability (based on his award-winning book)
– Four Steps to a Culture of Courageous Accountability: Winning the Battle
– Leadership Engagement: Initiate, Collaborate, Negotiate, and Celebrate
– Trust: The Foundation for All Relationships and the Glue for Successful Teams
– The Three Fundamentals of Successful Leadership – Character (Commitment), Courage, and Competence
– Become a Balanced Leader:
- Mission and People
- Confidence and Humility
- Visionary and Practical
- Bold and Cautious
– Understanding Human Behavior with Self and Others
Areas of Expertise
– Human Behavior—Know Yourself and Understand Others
– Leading and Managing Different Talents in a Diverse Workforce
– Ethics and the Battle for Honor
– Leadership and Organizational Development
– Courageous Accountability
– Balancing Mission (Results) and People (Relationships)
– Building High Trust, High Performance Teams
– Clarifying and Building Organizational Culture
– Leaders Developing Leaders for the Next Generation
– Resilience – Bounce Back and Stay Engaged
– Communications –Over-communicate to Collaborate in Three Dimensions
– Military Leadership – What Corporations can Learn
– Corporate Leadership—What the Military can Learn
– The Value of Judicious Debate for Better Decisions
What Others Are Saying
These are just a few endorsements from our clients. Read more than 60 speaking endorsements.
“Colonel Ellis and his team were wonderful to work with in all facets of the keynote presentation. He exudes strength, class, integrity and honor and his approach as a speaker on stage matched his demeanor off stage. His message of Leading with Honor easily translated to the hard work of pharmacists working to help older adults.”
– Chad Worz, Pharm.D., BCGP, Chief Executive Officer, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
“We had asked Lee to join us as the keynote for our International Sales Conference. Wow did we have a great night! Lee’s message was spot on. Many people were quoting and referencing him all week. I’m so glad we had Lee with us, and he was outstanding and inspiring.”
– Mr. William Reichert, President, Champlain Cable Corp
“Lee did a masterful job of mixing real life experiences with humor in tailoring his message for an audience of 1,000. As he shared his story of courage and resiliency, Lee connected with each attendee as though he was speaking to them personally.”
– Craig Smith, Director of Business Development, Valero Texas Open
“Col Ellis spoke/taught at our state conference for the Alabama Medical Group Managers Association, and the response from our membership has been nothing short of outstanding. The Alabama MGMA could not have found a better speaker/American Hero to provide this content to our seasoned leaders as well as those new to leadership positions.”
– Jerry W. Golden, Chief Administrative Officer, Coastal Neurological Institute, P.C.
“After having Col. Ellis join us for the Naval Air Systems Command Leadership Development Program’s keystone event, we were able to see his power as a speaker. He has a natural talent to connect to his audience and leaves them wanting more. One participant stated that ‘I have read a lot of leadership books and most are theory based. Col. Ellis brings his powerful leadership experience from one of the harshest conditions one could experience and shares those experiences with us; that resonated far more with me than any other leadership book I have read.’”
– Dr. James T. Ward, Naval Air Systems Command, Human Capital Management Department, Career Planning and Development Division, NAVAIR Leadership Development Programs Office
“Colonel Ellis spoke to my team during a recent strategic planning session, and he did a great job linking the key elements of the Courageous Accountability Model with his experience as a Prisoner of War in Vietnam. The entire audience was engaged throughout the presentation and came away with a renewed sense of purpose and perspective on the challenges we face day in and day out. The feedback from my team was overwhelmingly positive, and Colonel Ellis’s presentation set the foundation for one of the best team meetings I’ve had a chance to lead.”
– Shannon Todd, PE – Director, Environmental Services Carolinas, Duke Energy Corporation
“By observing the crowd, they seemed to be very engaged in the content of your message, and the brisk sale of your books indicates to me your impact was felt. Many of our superintendents continued to discuss the vivid stories you shared. Thank you for choosing to speak to our group…”
– Dr John F Zauner, Executive Director, GSSA (Georgia School Superintendents Association)
“Recently, Lee Ellis facilitated a leadership training event for 35 rather independent company managers, and I can speak on behalf of all our managers who were present in the meeting that each had a very enriching moment with valuable practical take away in several ways. We were thankful that Lee Ellis was able to share his experience and knowledge in leadership and to relate with our managers in a very meaningful way.”
– Francois de Moulliac, Managing Director, Denis Asia Pacific Pte Ltd – Singapore, France
“Lee’s inspirational keynote speech was extremely impactful and relevant! His incredible story of courage, honor, and leadership captured the minds and hearts of everyone in attendance. Lee’s wisdom on how to courageously engage in stressful situations was particularly relevant for our employees; there is no doubt that he left a deep impact on everyone in attendance!”
– Dr. Kenneth Byrnes, Flight Department Chairman and Assistant Dean, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University