*Return to the Main Speaking Section.
Lee Ellis, CSP*
Nationally-Recognized Leadership Coach, Award-Winning Author, Certified Speaking Professional, & Colonel USAF (Ret)
Here are just a few of the following military/public safety/government groups that Lee has worked with in the past –
- US Air Force Academy – Colorado
- West Point Military Academy – New York
- The Pentagon – Washington DC
- 31st FW Aviano, Italy
View the entire list.
A Special Message from Col. Ellis
Watch a sample presentation clip.
The brotherhood shared by those who wear and have worn the uniform of our armed forces have a bond–something in common that draws them together. In this article, “Natural Behavior in the Crucible of POW Life”, Lee shares his unique insight as a Vietnam POW and how natural behavior played a part in how the POWs worked together to return with honor.
Please read this article.
- Leading with Honor® (based on his award-winning book about his POW experience)
- Engage with Honor™ (based on his award-winning book about the Courageous Accountability Model)
- Leadership Engagement: Initiate, Collaborate, Negotiate, and Celebrate
- Trust: The Foundation for All Relationships and the Glue for Successful Teams
- The Three Fundamentals of Successful Leadership – Character, Courage, and Commitment
- Becoming a Balanced Leader (Mission and People, Confidence and Humility, Visionary and Practical, Bold and Cautious)
- Understand Human Behavior for Self and Others (Talents, Strengths and Struggles)
Lee Ellis is Founder and President of Leading with Honor® and FreedomStar Media®. He is an award-winning author, leadership coach, and expert presenter in the areas of leadership, teambuilding, and human performance. His past clients include Fortune 500 senior executives and C-Level leaders in telecommunications, healthcare, military, and other business sectors.
For his wartime service in Vietnam, he was awarded two Silver Stars, the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star with Valor device, the Purple Heart, and POW Medal. Lee resumed his Air Force career, serving in command of a flying squadron and leadership development organizations before retiring as a colonel.
Lee has a BA in History and a MS in Counseling and Human Development. He is a graduate of the Armed Forces Staff College and the Air War College. He has authored or co-authored six books on leadership and career development.
Lee and his wife Mary reside in the Atlanta GA area and have four grown children and six grandchildren.
View his full-length biography.
Military/Public Safety/Government Survey Results
Please download and review some audience survey results from a past event:
Sample Endorsements (View all endorsements)
“Col Ellis’ engagement with our team exceeded even our high expectations. His personal story of courage and resiliency was engaging and inspirational. Moreover, Col Ellis brings our proud USAF heritage to light and his stories help pass the torch from one generation of Airmen to the next. I would love to have Col Ellis back again!”
– Col Joe Campo USAF, 49th Wing Commander, Holloman AFB, NM
“Col Ellis’ story and prospective on leadership is fantastic! The way he ties his POW experience and the principles of leadership together is remarkable. Our discussions on courage, collaboration and communication were ‘spot on’ and specifically tailored to our organization.”
– Craig Colby, Civ/DAF, Instructor Supervisor, 19th AF Maintenance Training Center (MTC) JBSA-Randolph, Tx
“I have read and heard many speakers on the topic of leadership. While many have given me tools to use, not many have struck me personally as you did. Your message made me reflect even deeper than normal, and I hope to become a better leader because of that.”
– Thomas N. Culpepper, Chief of Police, Cartersville GA Police Department
“Col Ellis is the most impactful speaker from whom I have had the privilege to learn. The training provided to my commanders and Chief Master Sergeants excelled at defining leadership and educating my team to effectively lead today’s new generation of airmen. In hindsight, we needed the entire day–not just a few hours–to learn all we could form this remarkable Air Force officer.”
– Maj Gen Thomas Grabowski, Commander of the Georgia Air National Guard
Lee’s virtual presentation fees range from $5,500-10,000, his on-site presentation fees range from $15,000-20,000 (inquire about adjusted rates for military, government and first-responders). In addition to determining Lee’s availability for your event date, we will also evaluate the purpose and scope of your event.
*What is CSP Certification? – Learn More