*Return to the Main Speaking Section.
Lee Ellis, CSP*
Nationally-Recognized Leadership Coach, Award-Winning Author, Certified Speaking Professional, & Colonel USAF (Ret)
Here are just a few of the following healthcare groups that Lee has worked with in the past –
- American Healthcare Association/NCAL
- ASCP American Society of Consulting Pharmacists
- Rex UNC Healthcare
- Athens Regional Medical Center
- Dixon-Hughes Goodman – Annual Healthcare Summit
- Helen Keller Hospital
- HFMA Georgia and South Carolina
- Home Medical Professionals
- Humana Healthcare Military (Govt)
- Huntsville Hospital
- Gwinnett Medical System, Inc.
- Inova Health System
- Kimberly-Clark (now Halyard Health)
- Northeast Georgia Health Systems (2013 Award – America’s 50 Best Hospitals from Healthgrades®)
- Ceva Animal Health LLC
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Maine Veterans Home
- Long Island State Veterans Home
- Medical Group Management Association of Alabama (MGMA)
Sample Video Clip
Lee’s virtual presentation fees range from $5,500-10,000, his on-site presentation fees range from $10,000-20,000 (inquire about adjusted rates for military, government and first-responders). In addition to determining Lee’s availability for your event date, we will also evaluate the purpose and scope of your event.
Lee Ellis is Founder and President of Leading with Honor® and FreedomStar Media®. He is an award-winning author, leadership coach, and expert presenter in the areas of leadership, teambuilding, and human performance. His past clients include Fortune 500 senior executives and C-Level leaders in telecommunications, healthcare, military, and other business sectors.
For his wartime service in Vietnam, he was awarded two Silver Stars, the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star with Valor device, the Purple Heart, and POW Medal. Lee resumed his Air Force career, serving in command of a flying squadron and leadership development organizations before retiring as a colonel.
Lee has a BA in History and a MS in Counseling and Human Development. He is a graduate of the Armed Forces Staff College and the Air War College. He has authored or co-authored six books on leadership and career development.
Lee and his wife Mary reside in the Atlanta GA area and have four grown children and six grandchildren.
View his full-length biography.
Healthcare Survey Results
Please download and review some audience survey results from a past healthcare event.
“Col Ellis spoke/taught at our state conference for the Alabama Medical Group Managers Association, and the response from our membership has been nothing short of outstanding. The Alabama MGMA could not have found a better speaker/American Hero to provide this content to our seasoned leaders as well as those new to leadership positions.”
– Jerry W. Golden, Chief Administrative Officer, Coastal Neurological Institute, P.C.
“It was our honor to have Col. Lee Ellis, USAF ( Ret) speak at the 2015 Region III EMS Awards. When Col. Ellis began telling his story and tying it to Leadership skills you could have heard a pin drop. Given the average age of those in attendance, many had never had the opportunity to meet someone who had been a POW much less have the opportunity to hear their story. I was truly amazed at the people who lined up to have the opportunity to buy his book and even more so thank him for his service. Should you ever have the opportunity to hear him tell his story, I say take it; you will be glad you did. You will walk away with a new view on how to lead your organization and you will look at what we call ‘a stressful day’ differently.”
– Janet M. Schwalbe, CMPE, VP President Physician Services, Gwinnett Hospital System, Inc.
“Lee Ellis spoke to our HFMA-SC Chapter last October in Greenville, SC at our Fall institute. He was so well received, and I know the audience was attentive to every word he spoke! He presented his book, Leading with Honor, to me as Chapter President. I would definitely endorse him to anyone considering Lee Ellis as an event speaker.”
– Ronnie Hyatt, Sr Vice President-Finance/CFO, Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
“Lee has captured many powerful lessons through his many years of experience in this gripping read, Leading with Honor. He has used those lessons with us as our team has evolved over the past several years. His leadership and facilitation have helped us to grow as leaders individually as well as become a strong team.”
– Carol Burrell, President and CEO, Northeast Georgia Health Systems
“Your ability to share your personal experiences in Vietnam’s POW camps and weave them into leadership lessons is quite powerful, and your knowledge of Rex’s healthcare culture helped you hone in on the issues that we are challenged with in today’s environment. In particular, your wisdom on culture and communication reverberate with our team, and I look forward to relying on your wisdom as we continue our healthcare journey.”
– Bernadette Spong, Chief Financial Officer, Rex UNC Health Care
Northeast Georgia Health System Volunteers found the presentation by Lee Ellis to be exceptional. The volunteers were motivated by his sincerity and compassion. Several quotes from volunteers include –
– “ Wonderful Guest Speaker – so encouraging.”
– “Really enjoyed Lee Ellis”
– “Lee Ellis – very moving and inspiring to never give up.”
– “The speaker was excellent – I’m going to buy his book.”
– “Lee Ellis is inspiring, informative and moving.”
View all endorsements.
*What is CSP Certification? – Learn More