5 Quick Tips for choosing a behaviorally smart board of advisors/directors – avoid the pain of a dysfunctional Board holds up decision making, causes headaches for the organization, and slows progress:
- Know the board members. Identify their talents and determine where they fit in overseeing the organization. Discover their personality and communication style, too.
- Appoint a board member whose personality is that of a facilitator and is given the boardroom authority to manage the discussions.
- Appoint a highly creative, out of the box, thinker who may well be able to suggest solutions worthy of discussion that resolve a matter.
- Conduct a specific talent discovery process and openly reveal the talent and experience in the room.
- Using the DNA Behavior Natural Discovery process, produce a boardroom team report that identifies behavioral gaps needed to have a balanced viewpoint in the room. Here’s a sample team report showing how it integrates results to improve team dynamics.
Want help with these steps? Learn More about Leadership Behavior DNA.
Also, you can read the entire article on this topic – “Do Your Board Member Personalities Play Well With Others?”
Please also comments below on this topic–your opinion is valuable!