Here’s your nudge to fight for clarity today—to stretch yourself as a leader. Clarity is essential in all situations. It’s easy to see the problems when a sports team doesn’t have a clear message. In a more typical workplace culture, it may be more subtle but can be even more disastrous.
To understand the battle, here are 5 challenges we must overcome:
- Low Priority. We’re too busy and don’t recognize how important clarity is and just neglect it.
- Bad Assumptions. We assume that others see the world that we’re seeing and therefore don’t understand that they don’t have the right picture.
- Unfocused. Some leaders don’t take the time to focus and decide what they want to happen—what success will look like.
- Lazy. Sometimes leaders are too lax in their approach, figuring that somehow it will get done. They think that they can give a few instructions, withdraw from the process, and then one day it will all be completed.
- Fear. Some leaders resist clarity because they fear the responsibility of holding others accountable—which, at times, means being firm and risking “negative emotions.”
Yes, it’s a battle, but gaining clarity is worth fighting for if you’re leading with honor. Please share your wisdom too – thank you
Read the entire article on this topic.