What are some things honorable leaders can do to build relationships and increase employee engagement? Relationship connections are a need of human nature in every generation, and it’s a real stumbling block for strong leaders that don’t understand this fact. 70% of Americans are not arriving at work committed to delivering their best performance.
Here’s a 5-point checklist:
- View every person as special and with the talents to make unique and needed contributions to the workplace.
- Communicate your belief in others and help them see their potential to make significant contributions by using their talents.
- Help them develop their talents and navigate to roles where they can be even more successful.
- Connect with their heart by affirming their efforts and contributions. Everyone wants to feel needed, valued, and like they are making an important contribution.
- Listen to their ideas and implement them where possible. Every person wants to be heard. For many of us listening is a sacrifice. We have to suffer to stay in the moment and truly hear what the other person is sharing. But the payoff is huge in building a relationship.
Please share your comments and experience too – thank you
Read the entire article on this topic.